TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Brandin Byrd ran 26 times for 251 yards and three touchdowns on Saturday to lead North Texas over Tulsa 42-10.
Byrd scored his three touchdowns consecutively over the second and third quarters to extend the Mean Green lead to 35-10. Byrd’s second touchdown went for 91 yards.
North Texas (8-4, 6-2 Conference USA) took the lead for good 14-10 in the second quarter when Mike Marshall blocked the Tulsa punter and Jarrian Roberts returned it 8 yards for the touchdown.
Antoinne Jimmerson scored the lone points of the fourth quarter on his second rushing touchdown. Jimmerson added 85 yards and two touchdowns to the Mean Green running game. They outrushed Tulsa 372-80.
Tulsa (3-9, 2-6) scored first when Mitchell Osborne forced a fumble and Will Barrow recovered and returned it 97 yards for a 7-0 lead.
Trey Watts rushed 13 times for 75 yards to lead Tulsa’s mostly ineffective offense.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Model Accuses Hip-Hop Mogul Russell Simmons Of Sexual Misconduct
- ‘Justice League’ Disappoints In US With $96 Million Opening
- Trump Says He Should Have Left UCLA Players In Chinese Jail
- Close Call For Forest Hill Officers Leads To Drunk Driving Arrest
- Country Music Legend Mel Tillis Dead At 85
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures