Murder Suspect Found Critically Injured At Motel
EULESS (CBSDFW.COM) – The manhunt for a suspect accused of murder who jumped bond has ended with his death. David Matthew Merrill, 36, was found in a motel by Euless police Friday afternoon with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Merrill shot himself in the head, according to police. He died at John Peter Smith Hospital early Saturday morning, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s office.
Authorities said Merrill took off Wednesday after being told he had tested positive for methamphetamine and that his bond was being revoked. He is charged with murder in the September 2012 fatal shooting of his father-in-law, Rudy Mata, of Kennedale.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures