Fort Worth Couple Adopts “Stormy” The Dog
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Six days after being rescued from a Dallas storm drain, the puppy named of “Stormy” was put up for adoption Sunday in a special lottery.
So many people wanted to adopt the dog, Dallas Animal Services decided the only way to be fair was to hold a drawing.
Close to a hundred people lined-up Sunday at the animal shelter for a chance to take the puppy home.
Only those who came in person were eligible.
“We have been looking for a dog for a year,” said Mike Carruthers as he and his wife waited in line.
The Fort Worth couple’s yearlong search came to an end Sunday when Donna Carruthers’ name was drawn.
“In our prayer time this morning we said, ‘God, if that’s the dog for us, then that’s the dog for us. If not, we won’t get it. So that’s the dog for us,” said Mike Carruthers.
Two other puppies from the same litter as Stormy were also adopted Sunday, so were other dogs by people who came to shelter in hopes of taking Stormy home.
Jody Jones with Dallas Animal Services said, “We have a lot more to be thankful for this holiday season ensuring that all the animals here do find homes with a loving family.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tyson Chandler Agrees To Deal With Suns
- Dallas Police Announce Arrest In Death Of Woman, Burning Car
- 6-Year-Old Critical After Drowning At Fort Worth Community Pool
- 1 Dead In Hunt County Plane Crash
- Justice Department Investigating Potential Airline Collusion
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures