MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) – A pilot made an emergency landing Sunday in a small plane just short of a runway in Mesquite.
The single engine plane he was flying ran out of fuel. It landed about a mile south of Mesquite Metro Airport. Its landing gear had some minor damage as a result of the hard landing.
Witnesses said they were alarmed by the eerie silence as the plane neared the ground.
“I told my wife, ‘that airplane is going down,’ cause sometimes we sit there and I hear motors — you know — so I told my wife, ‘wow I don’t hear noise or nothing and it’s going down,” said Mesquite resident Manuel Marquez.
The plane is registered to an owner in Delaware. The pilot wasn’t injured.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the incident.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dog That Survived Heroin Ingestion Ready For Adoption
- Keidel: Why Not A Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- DHS Intel Report Disputes Threat Posed By Travel Ban Nations
- Texas Couple Posts Syringe-Filled Pregnancy Announcement
- Release Sought For Ex-Con Immigrant Who Asked For Protection Order
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures