DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — With Black Friday visible in the rear-view mirror, Monday marks another holiday occasion. It’s the day of the online deal.
Millions of shoppers are expected to click on items on Monday as retailers rev up deals to grab online holiday shopping dollars on the first working day after the busy holiday weekend.
But this year so-called Cyber Monday seems to have stretched into Cyber Week or even Cyber Month, with retailers from Amazon to Wal-Mart rolling out online deals since the beginning of November.
Still, Cyber Monday is expected to be the busiest online shopping day of the year. Research firm comScore expects Cyber Monday expects sales of $2 billion, up from about $1.47 billion last year. Online sales account for about 10 percent of total holiday spending.
- Click here for the CBS News Best Cyber Monday Deals List.
- CyberMonday.com also has a collection of discounts and coupons for online shoppers.
- Click here for holiday gift ideas from CBS Holiday Guide.
FedEx anticipates Dec. 2 to be the busiest day of the year, with an estimated 22 million shipments moving through its networks. That projected total will represent the busiest day in the history of FedEx and is more than double its typical daily volume.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Texas Cities Wooing Amazon With Diversity, Arts, Sunshine
- Baltimore Workers Remove “Fatberg” Of Grease From Sewer Pipe
- With ALCS Tied 2-2, Astros Turn To Keuchel For Game 5
- Cubs Trail Dodgers 3-0 In NLCS After Darvish Dominates
- Rockets Rally To Inch Past Defending Champion Warriors 122-121
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures