IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) — With an extended layoff before the team’s next game in Chicago, Jason Garrett and the Dallas Cowboys are ‘hopeful’ that defensive captain Sean Lee will be ready to go.
Lee suffered a hamstring injury in the team’s 49-17 loss to New Orleans in Week 10 and has not returned.
After defeating Oakland on Thanksgiving Day, the Cowboys have 10 full days off before traveling to Chicago for a Monday night matchup with the Bears.
“Well we’re certainly hopeful that Sean will play,” said Garrett on 105.3 The Fan’s New School. “He’s made a lot of progress. We still have a full week before that game is played, so he’ll continue to get work the next few days.”
Cornerback Morris Claiborne, who is also out with a hamstring injury, is in a similar position, according to Garrett. The team is dealing with both injuries on a “day-by-day” basis.
“Those can be tricky sometimes,” said Garrett. “A lot of it has to do with how they feel. How they physically, and how they feel mentally about how they feel physically…If they can cut it loose.”
The Dallas defense is preparing to face both veteran backup Josh McCown and Jay Cutler, who has yet to return from an ankle injury.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cuban To Mavericks Players: Losing Is Our Best Option
- Trump Offers Support For Limited Effort On Background Checks
- Grapevine Police Say Suspected La Madeleine Purse Thieves Are Back
- MLB Imposes Mound Visit Limits, But Defers On Pitch Clocks
- State Fair Of Texas Theme Is ‘Celebrating Texas Innovation’
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures