Local Performing Arts Institutions Offering “Sampler” Pass
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Seven of the city’s finest performing arts institutions worked together for the first time to create the Dallas Performing Arts Sampler Series — or DPASS for short.
DPASS is the product of the Dallas Performing Arts Collaborative, which consists of the AT&T Performing Arts Center, The Dallas Opera, Dallas Summer Musicals, Dallas Symphony Orchestra and Dallas Theater Center.
Philip Kingston, Chair of The Arts, Culture and Library Committee shared with CBS 11 how the idea came about. “It really grew out of Dallas Summer Musicals. One of the great things about that organization is it is an incubator for leadership in our city and it has a history of innovating in terms of marketing the arts so they thought wouldn’t it be great to have a sample pack for all we have going on in the arts in Dallas and not just in the Arts District but at their home in Fair Park and other places throughout the city.”
The series includes two Broadway shows, music, opera, and modern dance. You chose the DPASS package you want starting with a three pack minimum for $75. Each additional show is $25 or you can purchase a seven pack for $175.
The mission behind DPASS is to get more people in the community engaged in the performing arts. Roger Nanney, Chair of AT&T Performing Arts Center Board of Directors shared DPASS is for everyone. “Whether you’re a long time arts patron or someone who has never been to one of our shows you can dip your toe into the arts or try out new art forms at a very affordable price.”
Timing is limited. All DPASS packages must be purchased and the performances and dates chosen by January 15. Click here to find out more information.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jones Helps Texas A&M Outlast Tennessee 67-61
- Abbott Donors Have Strong Week; Inaugural Turnout Lags
- Bomb Threat Against 2 Planes At Atlanta’s Main airport
- Plano Police Arrest Suspect With Possible Link To Burglaries
- Dallas Police Officers Arrested For DWI In Cedar Hill
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures