DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Officials with the Dallas Police Department have confirmed that two officers are facing Family Violence Assault charges.
On the last day of November, DeSoto police issue a Family Violence Assault Citation to Dallas Officer Rashad Allen. In a separate incident a few days later, Dallas police arrested and charged Officer Edgar Garcia-Martinez with Family Violence Assault.
Both officers work out of the South Central Patrol Division and have been placed on administrative leave.
DPD Internal Affairs will conduct an administrative investigation in both cases, which officials say occurred while both of the officers were off-duty.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Scout Leader Remembered As Loving Mother, Generous Volunteer
- Churches Gather To Pray For The City Of Dallas
- Hamels Picks Up 11th Win, Rangers Top Royals 7-4
- Shooting At Texas Apartment Leaves Four Dead
- Kyle Busch Wins NASCAR Xfinity Series Race At Indy Again