DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Officials with the Dallas Police Department have confirmed that two officers are facing Family Violence Assault charges.
On the last day of November, DeSoto police issue a Family Violence Assault Citation to Dallas Officer Rashad Allen. In a separate incident a few days later, Dallas police arrested and charged Officer Edgar Garcia-Martinez with Family Violence Assault.
Both officers work out of the South Central Patrol Division and have been placed on administrative leave.
DPD Internal Affairs will conduct an administrative investigation in both cases, which officials say occurred while both of the officers were off-duty.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TCU Falls To Coastal Carolina 4-1
- LGBT Community Getting Armed
- Fireworks Stand To Open In McKinney Neighborhood
- Briles Officially Out At Baylor After Sexual Assault Scandal
- Judge Blocks Planned Sale Of Whitney Houston’s Emmy