DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Officials with the Dallas Police Department have confirmed that two officers are facing Family Violence Assault charges.
On the last day of November, DeSoto police issue a Family Violence Assault Citation to Dallas Officer Rashad Allen. In a separate incident a few days later, Dallas police arrested and charged Officer Edgar Garcia-Martinez with Family Violence Assault.
Both officers work out of the South Central Patrol Division and have been placed on administrative leave.
DPD Internal Affairs will conduct an administrative investigation in both cases, which officials say occurred while both of the officers were off-duty.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rob Gronkowski Sneaks Into Texas HS Football Stadium For Workout
- Ford Recalls Big Vans; Cracked Coupling Can Cause Power Loss
- Texas Man Gets 30-Year Prison Sentence For 11th DWI
- Foundation To Award Some $24 Million To Fight Racism In U.S.
- T.D Jakes’ MegaFest Kicking Off Today In Dallas