DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Officials with the Dallas Police Department have confirmed that two officers are facing Family Violence Assault charges.
On the last day of November, DeSoto police issue a Family Violence Assault Citation to Dallas Officer Rashad Allen. In a separate incident a few days later, Dallas police arrested and charged Officer Edgar Garcia-Martinez with Family Violence Assault.
Both officers work out of the South Central Patrol Division and have been placed on administrative leave.
DPD Internal Affairs will conduct an administrative investigation in both cases, which officials say occurred while both of the officers were off-duty.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Chaos In Dallas After Overturned Tanker Truck Closes High Five
- Burned Body Identified As Missing Texas College Student
- Lawyer: Feds Unexpectedly Drop Charges Against 17 Immigrants
- NFL Players Respond To President Trump’s Request For Names Of People To Pardon
- High Court: Online Shoppers Can Be Forced To Pay Sales Tax