DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Officials with the Dallas Police Department have confirmed that two officers are facing Family Violence Assault charges.
On the last day of November, DeSoto police issue a Family Violence Assault Citation to Dallas Officer Rashad Allen. In a separate incident a few days later, Dallas police arrested and charged Officer Edgar Garcia-Martinez with Family Violence Assault.
Both officers work out of the South Central Patrol Division and have been placed on administrative leave.
DPD Internal Affairs will conduct an administrative investigation in both cases, which officials say occurred while both of the officers were off-duty.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Special Needs Families Ask For Patience During The Holidays
- Arlington ISD Parents Upset With Next Year’s School Start Date
- Dallas Cowboys Week 14 Injury Report: Darren McFadden Nearing Return
- Aspiring Television Pros From Prosper High To Meet Stephen Colbert
- Post-Election, Trump Closes Companies Tied To Saudi Arabia