FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A father and daughter were both injured during a dog attack in Fort Worth. The incident started just after midnight on Tuesday in the 3300 block of North Crump Street, located in the northern part of the city.
The father and his two daughters were in the area looking for their own lost dog. According to an officer at the scene, the father heard a commotion coming from the side yard of a home. He then saw his dog being attacked by three pit bulls. He ran over to break up the dog fight. However, the pit bulls then turned on the man and began attacking him instead.
Emergency calls about the incident indicated that the three dogs were “killing” the man.
During the fight, one of the man’s daughters attempted to help her father, and the dogs started to attack her as well.
Police officers arrived at the home and found the man on the ground, no longer able to defend himself due to his injuries. His daughter was kneeling next to him, still trying to help out. One officer fired shots toward the animals and they scattered. But as the pit bulls then charged at the officer, he fired additional shots that killed at least two dogs.
The 45-year-old father was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries. “He had many bite marks on his face, on his arm — his right arm — and also his legs,” said Capt. Kevin Rodricks with the Fort Worth Police Department. The injuries are not believed to be life threatening, but his current condition is not known.
The 26-year-old daughter also suffered minor injuries during the attack and was taken to the hospital. Her current condition is also not known. And the victim’s lost dog who was initially attacked to begin this chain of events has still not been located. “We looked,” added Rodricks, “and were not able to find that dog.”
The deceased animals have been taken to Animal Control and will be tested for rabies. The owners of these dogs are not known.
- Cedar Hill Man Imprisoned In Nebraska For Brutal Beating
- Man Gets Life Sentence In Texas ‘Stand Your Ground’ Retrial
- Man Shot During Armed Robbery In Lewisville
- Rhode Island Tops TCU 66-60 In Cancun Challenge
- Samford Tops North Texas 74-72
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures