COLLEGE STATION (CBSDFW/AP) — A construction accident at Texas A&M’s under-renovation football stadium has left at least one worker dead after he fell about four stories.
University police spokesman Lt. Allan Baron told KBTX-TV that the accident happened Tuesday morning at Kyle Field.
The 25-year-old worker was transported to a hospital, where he died Tuesday afternoon.
CBS affiliate KBTX-TV reporter John Gilbert broke the news that members of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) confirmed that they were investigating a fatality at the construction site.
Kyle Field is undergoing $450 million in upgrades to put in new grass and expand seating from 82,600 to 102,500, making it the largest stadium in the Southeastern Conference.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. CBSDFW.com contributed tho this report.)
- Infant’s Death Inspires Family To Give Back During Holidays
- Texas H.S. Coaches ‘Starting the Conversation’ About Sexual Assault
- Appeals Court Halts Execution For Dad Who Killed Daughters
- Man Charged With Murder After Stabbing At Job Placement Center
- Mumps Immunizations Required For Returning Cleburne Students
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures