Dallas Girls Approached By Suspicious Man
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Four young girls may have been approached by the same man in just the last month, according to police in Dallas. The most recent incident happened Monday morning.
Authorities are investigating three cases involving four children. Officials have not released the ages of the kids. It is not yet known if all of these cases are actually related, but police said that they are very similar, and all took place on the city’s southern side.
The first two incidents both happened November 5. There was a report of indecency with a child at about 7:30 a.m. in the 3000 block of West Wheatland Road, just south of Interstate-20 in Dallas. Then, only about 30 minutes after that incident, two girls were approached by a suspicious man in the 4800 block of Village Fair Drive in the Oak Cliff area. The girls were alarmed, police said, and they ran away.
The third case happened at about 8:00 a.m. on Monday in the 3700 block of Kimballdale Drive. According to authorities, the man tried to speak to a young girl. She became afraid and ran off. But the man chased her on foot for a short distance before leaving.
Police have started patrolling the areas where the incidents all took place, but are asking for the public’s help in keeping an extra eye on these parts of southern Dallas.
The descriptions of the suspect have all been non-specific. However, all three cases involve a similar getaway car. Police are looking for a black four-door sedan with silver or chrome trim. Anyone with information about this vehicle, any of the cases, or any similar cases, is urged to contact the Dallas Police Department immediately.
- American Airlines Sued Over Tax Incentives
- Driver Crashes Into Vacant Dallas Home
- Tuition Going Up For Texas Tech Students
- Cold Snap Knocked State Generators Offline
- Benn Puts Stars Past Blues 3-2 In OT
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures