FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The threat of icy weather is pushing Santa’s fireworks show in Burleson to next summer.
The city sent out a cancellation notice for it’s December 7 tree lighting and fireworks event based on the forecast. The event will not be rescheduled for the year, and the fireworks will be used for next year’s Fourth of July Celebration.
Burleson still plans to host it’s Breakfast with Santa event on December 7, from 7-11 a.m. A decision to postpone that event due to the weather will be made by Thursday evening at 5 p.m. The makeup day for Breakfast with Santa is December 14.
Meanwhile, the North Texas Municipal Water District is warning residents to prepare for the freezing temperatures by turning off automatic sprinkler systems and protecting outside faucets.
“Protecting faucets and turning off sprinkler systems helps prevent damage to pipes caused by freezing weather,” said Jim Parks, Executive Director of NTMWD. “While many member and customer cities require freeze sensors on sprinkler systems, some systems may not have the freeze sensors and if scheduled watering occurs during freezing weather, dangerous icing to streets and sidewalks can result from misdirected sprinkler heads or overwatering,” Parks added.
CBS 11 Chief Meteorologist is predicting cold air will arrive on Wednesday and by Thursday, temps in North Texas will be in the 30s for most of the day. There is also a possibility rain could turn into freezing rain on Thursday evening into Friday morning. Temperatures stay in the 30s on all day Friday and Saturday, with another possibility of more wintry weather Saturday night into Sunday morning.
- Arlington Police Investigating Fatal Rollover Crash
- Trump Steps Up Security Aide Search, Focuses On Health Care
- Kraft Heinz Withdraws $143B Bid To Buy Unilever
- Friends React To Accused Murderer’s Death After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Runoff Election To Held For Frisco City Council Position
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures