AUSTIN (AP) – Isaiah Taylor had 14 points and eight assists and Texas won its first game against a power conference team this season in a 70-64 victory over Vanderbilt on Monday.
Demarcus Holland and Javan Felix each scored 12 points for Texas (7-1). Felix went 2 of 3 from beyond the arc and Kendal Yancy contributed 11 points and six rebounds.
The Longhorns led by as many as 13 points in the second half and were able to hold off Vanderbilt (4-3), which trimmed the Longhorns lead to one point in the final minute after an Eric McClellan steal and dunk.
Javan Felix hit a pair of key free throws to extend the Texas advantage to 65-62 before a three-point play by Holland sealed the victory.
McClellan had a game-high 22 points for the Commodores.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures