GARLAND (AP) – Nic Moore hit all five of his 3-point attempts in the first half as SMU combined a long-distance barrage with inside domination to pull away early in its 88-59 rout of McNeese State Monday night.
Moore, a sophomore playing his first season for SMU (7-2) after transferring from Illinois State, didn’t shoot again, hitting five of six overall, and scored a team-high 15 points.
The visiting Cowboys (2-6) were led by Ledrick Eackles, son of former NBA veteran Ledell Eackles, with 21 points.
SMU hit 10 3-pointers, one short of its season high, in 14 tries – and shot only 13 free throws.
McNeese State, which came in averaging 23 3-point attempts per game, went 10 for 34 behind the arc and hit 20 of 61 field-goal attempts to shoot 32.8 percent.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Major Survey Of Transgender Americans Finds Widespread Bias
- US 30-Year Average Mortgage Rate Rises To 4.13 Percent
- “Jeopardy!” Contestant Dies Before Episode Airs
- Hyundai Recalls Minivans; Hoods Can Fly Open While Moving
- DFW Salvation Army In Desperate Need Of Bell Ringers
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures