LITTLE ELM (CBSDFW.COM) – A brawl on a North Texas school bus wasn’t an escalated argument among students. Police blame an adult for getting on the bus and attacking several students onboard.
Little Elm police arrested Alexandria Harris Tuesday afternoon.
The incident happened on a GoldStar Transportation bus providing transportation to students in the Little Elm ISD.
Someone shouted, “go away” when a CBS 11 News crew knocked on the door of Harris’ home.
According to witnesses, a woman jumped on the bus and attacked three children. The incident happened outside a home on Harbor Heights, in Little Elm.
It was as the school bus sat stopped to drop of students that Harris allegedly got onboard and repeatedly hit and kicked two 11 and 12-year-old boys, along with an 11-year-old girl.
School district spokeswoman Julie Zwahr admitted, “This is absolutely something that we’ve never seen in Little Elm.”
All of the young victims were students at Lakeside Middle School. Police said none were seriously injured.
Harris, 32, was arrested and charged with Felony Assault, and three counts of an Injury to a Minor.
Little Elm police say they have evidence from social media sites suggesting Harris may have been retaliating against the students for bullying her child. A police source tells CBS 11 News that is “part of the investigation.”
School district officials have verified that their buses are equipped with security equipment. “They do have cameras on them and they are looking into that now to see if that footage does exist,” Zwahr said.
Harris posted a $30,000 bond and was released after she was taken to the Denton County Jail.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 3-Year-Old Dies After Found In Hot Car In Fort Worth
- Police: Man Shot, Killed In Apparent Road Rage Incident In Arlington
- Water Rescue Crews Searching For Man At White Rock Lake
- Girls Back In Custody After Leaving Dallas Transition Center
- Jordan Spieth Holes Bunker Shot To Win Travelers Playoff
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures