Mexico City Arena Evacuated Before NBA Tipoff Between Spurs, Timberwolves
Sports Fan Insider
MEXICO CITY (AP) - The Mexico City arena where the San Antonio Spurs and Minnesota Timberwolves are playing an NBA game Wednesday night was evacuated 45 minutes before tipoff because of smoke inside the arena.
NBA spokeswoman Sharon Lima says the smoke was coming from a generator fire outside the arena. There was no word yet if the start of the game will be delayed.
While the teams were warming up for their regular-season matchup, lights went out in parts of the arena and smoke began pouring out of vents in the upper deck.
Players, still in their uniforms, boarded their team buses parked outside the arena. Fans and media were also ordered to evacuate.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dashcam Captures Dallas County Sheriff Deputy’s Close Call
- Dallas City Leaders React To Price’s Arrest
- Sam’s Club Decision Delayed In Dallas’ East Village
- Dallas County Not Yet Ready For Child Immigrants
- Denton Jailer Fired After Alleged Brutality
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures