DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – After three days on the run, Dallas County Sheriff’s Deputies have captured a man who escaped Terrell State Hospital’s custody on Saturday afternoon.
Leslie Ellison was found at Seagoville Inn, off 175 and Beltline, and was taken into custody without incident on Wednesday afternoon.
According to Carmen Castro with the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office, Ellison was accompanied by a woman at the time of his arrest. Ellison barricaded himself in the restroom to avoid capture.
The Sheriff’s Office, with help from the U.S. Marshals, received the tip that led to the arrest.
Before his escape, Ellison reportedly swallowed three AA batteries and was on his way to Terrell State Hospital to be examined by doctors. As he was in route, the 32-year-old kicked open a door and escaped.
On Monday, Seagoville Police thought they spotted a car matching the description of a car stolen by Ellison. The driver led police on a chase from Seagoville to Dallas and back, but were unable to catch him.
Ellison has a long criminal history and was most recently being held at the hospital as mentally unfit to stand trial on an aggravated assault charge. He also has numerous burglary and theft arrests going back several years.
Ellison is now in custody at Lew Sterrett jail in Dallas.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas House Rejects Attempts To Strengthen ‘Bathroom Bill’
- To U2 Fans, Concert Tickets Hotter Than Texas Heat
- 2 Toddlers Die After Locking Themselves Inside Hot Car
- Texas Teen Wasn’t Sure He’d Live To Graduate High School; He Did!
- Governor Abbott Cracks Joke About Reporters At Gun Range
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures