UTA Coasts Past Dallas Baptist 81-53
ARLINGTON (AP) – Brandon Edwards scored 16 points and hauled in 10 rebounds as Texas-Arlington pulled away from Division-II Dallas Baptist 81-53 Tuesday night.
The Mavericks (3-6) held a slim three-point lead seven minutes into the game, but closed out the first half on a 29-10 run capped off by a 3-pointer and two free throws from Jamel Outler to take a 46-24 lead into the break. They shot 45.2 percent for the game. Reger Dowell scored 15 points, while Lonnie McClanahan added 13 with eight assists and six boards.
Dallas Baptist held an early 6-3 lead after a Jonathan Perry 3-pointer, but couldn’t keep pace with UT-Arlington, finishing just 17 of 58 on field goal attempts and being outrebounded 54-32.
Myles Johnson paced the Patriots with 16 points and Remy Ndiaye had 12 with six rebounds.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- This Week In Baseball: Winners & Losers Of The MLB Trade Deadline
- Sandra Bland’s Family Sues State Trooper, Wants Answers
- Fort Worth Officials To Address Flood Concerns
- Witnesses Sought In Fatal, Officer-Involved Shooting In Fort Worth
- Proposed Muslim Cemetery Topic Of Farmersville Town Hall
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures