AUSTIN (AP) – Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has released tax returns that show the Fort Worth state senator earned more than $284,000 last year.
Davis on Tuesday released her last three federal tax filings dating to 2010. Her main Republican challenger, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, released personal tax returns covering that same span in August.
Davis is a Harvard-educated lawyer who is a partner in her own Fort Worth firm. The filings show that her most recent adjusted gross income doubled from 2010, when she reported earning about $131,000.
Abbott and his wife brought home about $200,000 from their jobs last year. But his filings don’t reflect millions in tax-exempt dollars Abbott still collects from a settlement over a 1984 accident that left him paralyzed from the waist down.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dash Cam Captures Red-Light Traffic Signal Issue In Plano
- Motorcyclist Dies After Losing Control, Hitting Pole
- President Trump: First 100 Days
- Texas House Orders Study Before Using Poison On Feral Hogs
- Jurors Hear Harrowing 911 Calls In Trial For Accused Killer Of 4
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures