Bargain Hunters Brave Cold For Cheap TV
Get Breaking News First
DUNCANVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) - Temperatures dipped down to 36 degrees in Duncanville on Thursday morning. So, why would a group of people stand outside for several hours — even days — during this bitter cold blast?
A great deal, of course.
Bargain hunters were willing endure the chilly temperatures to take home a cheap television.
There is a new 99 Cents Only Store opening in Duncanville on Thursday morning, and the store is celebrating with some amazing deals on select items. The first nine customers in the door get a 40-inch television for just 99 cents. The first person in line started waiting at 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday night — when temperatures were in the 70s still.
The next 99 customers are entered into a raffle for a 10th cheap television set. Those who do not win can choose between a kids scooter or a six-foot pre-lit Christmas tree, each also just 99 cents.
Despite the cold weather, Ladetra Crump said that the days-long wait is worthwhile. “I’m toughing it out,” she said from her spot at the front of the line. She brought along supplies like blankets, a space heater and an air mattress. “It means a lot to my babies, so anything that’s legal for them, I’m in!”
- Michael Young Helping With Rangers’ Managerial Search
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Jordy Nelson, Matt Asiata And Aaron Rodgers
- Bush Hosts 4th Annual Warrior Open
- 80 People Could Have Been Exposed To Ebola
- Texas Orders Family Of Ebola Patient To Stay Home
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures