Oncor Preps For Winter Storm Power Outages
Get Breaking News First
LANCASTER (CBSDFW.COM) - The cold weather and threat of icy conditions this weekend has Oncor electric crews standing by in Lancaster, ready for any potential power outages that may appear throughout North Texas.
The utility company’s central warehouse for distribution equipment is located in Lancaster. That is where electric crews can find power poles, wires, transformers and any other equipment that may be needed to restore power, if outages become an issue during or after the winter storm. Additional equipment is also ready at other locations around the DFW area and beyond.
There has been no rain or icing to report on Thursday morning, so Oncor employees have been busy preparing for what may come later in the day and on Friday. Equipment is being moved into staging areas across the Metroplex, and command centers will be made in any neighborhoods that see major outages.
If the situation gets really serious, then other electric companies from surrounding states will be called in to offer assistance.
- Dashcam Captures Dallas County Sheriff Deputy’s Close Call
- Dallas City Leaders React To Price’s Arrest
- Sam’s Club Decision Delayed In Dallas’ East Village
- Dallas County Not Yet Ready For Child Immigrants
- Denton Jailer Fired After Alleged Brutality
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures