Texas A&M Handles Houston 74-57
Sports Fan Insider
COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Jamal Jones scored 21 points and hit seven 3-pointers, and Kourtney Roberson added 14 points as Texas A&M defeated Houston 74-57 Wednesday night.
The Aggies (7-2) returned to Reed Arena, where they’ve won all seven of their games, following consecutive losses in the Corpus Christi (Texas) Classic to Missouri State and SMU.
TaShawn Thomas led the Cougars (6-3) with 16 points and J.J. Richardson followed with 11. Houston has lost three of its last four.
J-Mychal Reese’s 3-pointer lifted Texas A&M to a 57-45 lead midway through the second half, and the Aggies owned a comfortable lead the rest of the way. The Aggies made 10 of their 23 3-pointers, while Houston was 3 of 15.
Texas A&M and Houston played each other as Southwest Conference rivals from 1975-96 and have met four times since, with the Aggies winning three. The Cougars still own a 53-32 all-time series advantage.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Senator Ted Cruz Leans Toward 2016 Presidential Run
- Mexican Cartels Ramp Up Human Smuggling Business
- Police, FBI Investigating Armed Robbery At Flower Mound Credit Union
- 2 Hospitalized After Car Drives Into Fort Worth Home
- TxDOT, Law Enforcement Partner For ‘Drink. Drive. Go To Jail.’ Initiative
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures