PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – Some trees and boat docks were no match for the heavy ice and snow Mother Nature dumped on North Texas Thursday night through Friday morning.
At Pier 121 at Lake Lewisville, dozens of boats valued at more than a million bucks were damaged by the winter storm.
As many as 50 speed boats and yachts were trapped under sinking docks where the boats were being stored.
CBS 11 got an up close look at the damage thanks to a crew from Texas power boating, which was taking its own damage survey.
This is unbelievably bad timing for the new manager of the docks, Sun Tex, which took over operations only five days ago.
There was one boat owner out on his yacht when this happened. He was not hurt, but was trapped under the canopy and had to be rescued.
A lot of the affected boat owners are just getting notified and are likely scrambling to make sure their boat insurance is up to date.
Downed trees are also problem across North Texas, crushing cars and damaging homes.
In Plano at the Windhaven Park Apartments a large pine tree fell on two parked vehicles.
“We thought it was a car wreck at first,” said resident Khalan Price about the sound of the tree falling.
In Richardson, a tree fell on Raymond Easton’s home at 5:00am Friday.
“I heard a loud crack and the house shake,” said Easton.
Many trees fell into the street adding road blocks to the already icy streets.
Crews with the City of Dallas spent the day clearing trees from major roadways but many down limbs remain on neighborhood streets.
While damage was widespread, there have been no reports of injuries as a result of falling trees.
- Frisco To Vote On Confusing, Controversial Alcohol Proposition Saturday
- Texas Republicans Lose Cruz, Gain Trump – But Do They Want Him?
- High-Speed Rail Service Planned For DFW
- Former NFL QB Manziel Turns Himself In, Posts $1,500 Bond
- Man Records Girl Changing At Frisco Super Target
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures