Forney Man Held In Las Vegas Bus Station Shooting
LAS VEGAS (AP) – A 64-year-old Texas man accused of shooting wildly at a downtown Las Vegas bus terminal had been asked to leave the building at other times, police said Friday.
No one was injured escaping the Thursday evening shooting at the Greyhound station adjacent to the Plaza Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas police Officer Jose Hernandez said.
Within moments, the shooting stopped and James Abney was in custody as police swarmed the scene about block from the Fremont Street Experience.
Abney, of Forney, Texas, was taken to the Clark County jail pending an initial court appearance. He faces felony charges including attempted murder, attempted battery with a deadly weapon, and discharging a firearm at or into an occupied structure.
It wasn’t immediately clear how long Abney had been in southern Nevada or where he had been living, the police spokesman said.
Records did not show if he had a lawyer.
Hernandez said he didn’t know how many people were in the bus station when authorities say Abney pulled what was described as a small handgun and started shooting at about 6:40 p.m.
Abney had been ushered out of the bus station on other occasions, Hernandez said, and police said he was asked by uniformed personnel to leave the building several times Thursday before the gunfire erupted.
Police said shots were fired outside and inside the building and at least some were directed at security officers. No one was hit.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lockbox Full Of Animal Drugs Missing In Irving
- Texas Faces Less Stringent Goals In Final Clean Power Plan
- Adult Killed, Child Critically Injured In Fort Worth Crash
- Dallas Co. Sheriff Seeking Witnesses To Saturday Lobby Incident
- Mets, Blue Jays, Astros Improve Odds To Win 2015 World Series
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures