ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — A 29-year-old man died in Arlington early Friday morning after crashing into an 18-wheeler on Interstate-20. Authorities believe the inclement weather played a role in the crash.
The driver of the vehicle has been identified by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner as Chase Brandenburgh of Arlington.
The accident occurred in the eastbound lanes of I-20 near Cooper Street around 12:15 a.m.
According to Arlington police, an 18-wheeler was stopped in the left shoulder, and partially in the outside lane of traffic. Brandenburgh approached in his 2001 BMW and was unable to maneuver around the 18-wheeler, hitting it from behind.
Brandenburgh was transported by ambulance to the Medical Center of Arlington, where he died from his injuries.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Law Enforcement Conference Gear Specifically for Females
- I-Team: Feds Consider Kratom Ban
- Will Texas And Texas A&M Rivalry Re-Ignite At TMS?
- Parents Pull Transgender Child From School Amid Bullying Accusations
- Lady Gaga Will Perform During Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures