Rangers Sign RHP Contreras To Minor Deal
ARLINGTON (AP) – Jose Contreras, the Cuban right-hander who turns 42 on Friday, has signed a minor league contract with the Texas Rangers that includes a non-roster invitation to major league spring training.
Contreras spent last season with the Pittsburgh and Boston organizations. He had ligament replacement surgery on his right elbow in June 2012 and spent last spring rehabbing before making seven relief appearances for the Pirates in May.
Also Thursday, Texas signed right-hander Nate Adcock and outfielder Bryan Petersen to minor league deals with the same invitation to spring training as Contreras. Adcock and Petersen both have major league experience.
Contreras has a 78-67 career record in the major leagues, with a 4.57 ERA over 299 games with the New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox, Colorado, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Marinas, Restaurants At Lake Grapevine Ready For The Weekend
- Rangers Put 1B/OF Blanks On DL, Add OF Smolinski
- Fracking To Resume In Denton After Local Ban Nullified By State
- Free Concert In McKinney To Benefit Veterans This Weekend
- AP Sources: Goodell Will Not Recuse Self From Brady Appeal
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures