Report: Rangers, Arencibia ‘Progressing’ Towards Deal
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Texas GM Jon Daniels has insisted that Geovany Soto will start at catcher in 2014. That may still be true, but it appears the Rangers may be bringing in help.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers and free agent catcher J.P. Arencibia are progressing towards a deal.
Arencibia recently became a free agent after the Blue Jays declined to tender a contract offer to their catcher.
The 27-year-old struggled in 2013, hitting .194 with a .224 OBP in 138 games, though he maintained his power stroke with 21 homeruns.
He is a career .212 hitter, averaging 20 homeruns per season since entering the draft out of Tennessee.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Snowden To Speak At SXSW Conference
- Kimbell Art Museum Acquires Dutch Painting
- 2 Wylie Teens Arrested For Classmate’s Murder
- Man Shot At Arlington Mobile Home Park
- Mavs Hand Pacers Their 4th Straight Loss
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures