Report: Rangers, Arencibia ‘Progressing’ Towards Deal
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Texas GM Jon Daniels has insisted that Geovany Soto will start at catcher in 2014. That may still be true, but it appears the Rangers may be bringing in help.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers and free agent catcher J.P. Arencibia are progressing towards a deal.
Arencibia recently became a free agent after the Blue Jays declined to tender a contract offer to their catcher.
The 27-year-old struggled in 2013, hitting .194 with a .224 OBP in 138 games, though he maintained his power stroke with 21 homeruns.
He is a career .212 hitter, averaging 20 homeruns per season since entering the draft out of Tennessee.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Mosques Prepare For Protests
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Sets Example For Young Ladies
- Jewelry Thieves Caught On Camera In Dallas
- Frisco Looks To Become Gaming Mecca With National Video Game Museum
- Alberto, Rangers Beat Blue Jays In 14th, Lead ALDS 2-0
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures