DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – The complaints run the gamut, from cancelled or delays flights to not being able to reschedule in a timely manner to how treacherous the roads were just getting here…either way, travelers at DFW Airport are frustrated.
People en route to the airport drove over ice, then saw fire fighters de-icing the roof of terminal D. Hundreds of cancelled flights and delays happened Sunday. Rescheduling flights has caused even more frustrations for many.
One mother in town to visit her daughter had her Friday voyage back to New York canceled. Initially, the airline rescheduled her to travel to St. Louis, Chicago and then the Big Apple.
“It was almost a 12 hour flight,” her daughter complained to CBS 11 News. Eventually, after a three and half hour wait on the phone with American Airlines, she got her mom on direct flight. The flight left Sunday, but not after yet another delay due to the weather.
Airport officials caution travelers to show up even earlier than usual for their flights.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Officer Suffers Brain Hemorrhage While Training For Charity Event
- Butler, Towns Lead T-Wolves Past Rockets 121-105 In Game 3
- Barbara Bush’s Granddaughter Gives Birth To Son
- Barbara Bush Eulogized As ‘First Lady Of The Greatest Generation’
- Texas School Apologizes After 8th Graders Asked To List Positives Of Slavery
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures