NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The wintery blast that blew into the metroplex has claimed four lives.
Sergio Diaz, 26, died after crashing his car into a tree on Royal Lane in Dallas. An elderly woman passed away after she slipped and fell on ice at her home on Lakemont. Saturday night a homeless woman was found dead on Martin Luther King Blvd. in South Dallas. Police said she likely succumbed to exposure from the freezing temperatures.
Lastly, the driver of a truck that skidded on ice off of Lewisville Lake Bridge on Saturday died.
Authorities are encouraging people not to drive if possible and to use extreme caution if they do.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Scout Leader Remembered As Loving Mother, Generous Volunteer
- Churches Gather To Pray For The City Of Dallas
- Hamels Picks Up 11th Win, Rangers Top Royals 7-4
- Shooting At Texas Apartment Leaves Four Dead
- Kyle Busch Wins NASCAR Xfinity Series Race At Indy Again
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures