NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The wintery blast that blew into the metroplex has claimed four lives.
Sergio Diaz, 26, died after crashing his car into a tree on Royal Lane in Dallas. An elderly woman passed away after she slipped and fell on ice at her home on Lakemont. Saturday night a homeless woman was found dead on Martin Luther King Blvd. in South Dallas. Police said she likely succumbed to exposure from the freezing temperatures.
Lastly, the driver of a truck that skidded on ice off of Lewisville Lake Bridge on Saturday died.
Authorities are encouraging people not to drive if possible and to use extreme caution if they do.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Exclusive Interview: Tony Romo Talks Surgery, Downplays Injury
- Texan With Character: Bob Tallman
- Timelapse Video: Behind The Scenes Of “Tested By A Tornado”
- Judge Grants Johnny Manziel’s Ex-Girlfriend Protective Order
- Dallas Police Investigating Domestic Violence Assault Complaint Against Johnny Manziel
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures