3 Hurt In Hatchet Attack At East Texas Wal-Mart
MARSHALL (AP) - Three people have been hurt in a hatchet attack at a Wal-Mart in East Texas and police arrested a transient on assault charges.
Marshall police Detective Sonya Johnson said Monday that Christopher Hamilton of Crawford, Ark., allegedly had the hatchet with him when entering the store. Two female workers and a male shopper were attacked early Sunday.
Authorities are trying to determine a motive. Police don’t believe Hamilton knows the victims.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. spokeswoman Betsy Harden says one worker was treated and released while the other should soon be discharged from a hospital. The customer was slightly hurt trying to help the workers and he didn’t seek medical help.
Hamilton was being held Monday on three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with bond set at $225,000.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lewisville Police Warn Of Attempted Child Abduction
- DISD Students Eat Dinner At School
- Man Accused Of Gym Screwdriver Stabbing: “What Have I Done?”
- Wise County Sheriff’s K-9 Officer Shot Dead By Suspect
- Website Lists Top Three Jobs Of 2015
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures