Sleeping Passenger Locked Alone In Plane
HOUSTON (AP) - A passenger who fell asleep while flying to Los Angeles says he awoke to discover himself alone and locked inside a dark, empty United Express plane in Houston.
Tom Wagner told KTRK-TV he was supposed to change planes Friday at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. But no staff noticed he was still sleeping in a window seat at the rear of the flight from Lafayette, La., before they closed up the jet.
Wagner called his girlfriend who asked the airline to rescue him.
ExpressJet, which operates United Express in partnership with United Airlines, apologized Saturday and said the incident is under investigation. It says crew conducted a post-flight walk-through.
Wagner received a $250 flight voucher, was put up in a hotel and was flown to Orange County, Calif., on Saturday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Woman Shoots Husband During Argument
- Five Great College Basketball Games Left This Season
- Nina Pham To Sue Texas Presbyterian
- Two Dead After SUV Goes Into Icy Fort Work Creek
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures