IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) — Brutal. Demoralizing. Embarrassing.
Use the adjective of your choice to describe the Bears dominating 45-28 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night in Chicago.
Head coach Jason Garrett joined New School on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday morning and acknowledged that the Cowboys have issues.
“We have to address the issues on our team right now,” said Garrett. “We’ve just got to get them fixed; We’ve got to get them fixed in short order. We’re going to work very hard as a coaching staff to get that done.”
The main issue? A defense that is on pace to surrender the most yards in NFL history — by a wide margin.
Though fighting sub-zero wind chills at Soldier Field, the Bears’ offense racked up 490 yards of offense, scoring on each of their eight possessions (excluding a game-ending knee).
Is it scheme? Are the players just not performing?
“It’s always a combination of those things,” said Garrett. “As a coaching staff, we always start with ourselves.”
Enter Monte Kiffin, the first-year Cowboys defensive coordinator. While many fans are ready to pull the plug on the veteran’s Tampa 2 defense, Garrett thinks the team will bounce back against Green Bay in week 15 — just as they’ve done throughout the season.
“Whether it’s what we’re doing with our scheme or personnel — what we’re asking guys to do — we just got to make sure we get that done. We’ve got to get things done quickly.”
Cowboys ‘Optimistic’ With Lee
Linebacker and team captain Sean Lee left Monday’s game after suffering a neck injury in the third quarter. Lee briefly returned to the game before heading to the locker room.
“As we left last night, he was out of the game for a neck injury,” said Garrett. “We’re feeling optimistic, but we’ll have to check on him this morning and see how he’s doing and see how he progresses.”
Linebacker Bruce Carter also left the game with a hamstring injury. WR Dwayne Harris ‘Re-tweaked” his hamstring, according to Garrett, and will be evaluated this week.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Rangers 2016 Spring Training Schedule Released
- American FIFA Sponsors Demand ‘Independent Oversight’ Of Reforms
- Jerry Jones Says Tony Romo Has “4-5 Years” Left In NFL Career
- Packers And Lions Prepare For Big Thursday Night NFC North Battle
- Sandler: Mavs, Stars By The Numbers
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures