Arlington Police Find 3 People Shot Inside Vehicle
Get Breaking News First
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Arlington were called out to the 1100 block of Lexington and Arkansas just after 3 p.m. Officers had received a 911 call reporting shots fired and some type of altercation in the shopping plaza that houses a Kiwi Beauty Supply store.
Witnesses told police they saw the people involved, including individuals who were shot, run across the street from the shooting scene, jump in an SUV and drive away.
When police caught up with that vehicle, at the intersection of Pioneer and Daniel, they found 10 young men inside. Three of those people had been shot – two shot in the legs and one in the back. The young adults inside the vehicle ranged in age from 16 to 20-years-old.
Those hurt were transported to Medical Center of Arlington with non-life threatening injuries. The uninjured people in the vehicle were taken in for questioning.
At one point police had several locations near the shopping plaza cordoned off, but just before 6 p.m. only Arkansas Lane remained closed.
Police say they have all those involved in the incident in custody and that the shooting was an isolated event.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Trusting Strangers For Help Tossed Off Bridge Instead
- Stars Fall To The Ducks In First Playoff Game
- Dallas’ Helmet Ordinance A Road Block For Bike-Share Plans
- Mavs Fall To 8th Seed With 106-105 OT Loss To Grizzlies
- Martin Delivers Walk-Off Single As Rangers Rally 3-2
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures