DENTON (AP) – A janitor at a North Texas middle school has been sentenced to 55 years in prison for sexual assault of a 12-year-old boy on campus.
The Denton Record-Chronicle reported Tuesday that 63-year-old Ambrocio Mata was sentenced after being convicted of aggravated sexual assault of a child. Prosecutors say Mata in October 2012 had sexual contact with the boy while working at Calhoun Middle School in Denton.
An arrest affidavit indicates another custodian caught Mata and the student standing very close to each other. Further details were discovered through surveillance camera footage.
Mata joined the Denton Independent School District custodial staff in 2005. He was fired after his 2012 arrest.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Red Oak Fire Department Sets Up Fund For Deceased Teacher’s Family
- I-Team: Underground Gas Lines Damaged Often
- Norma’s Cafe In Oak Cliff Serves Free Thanksgiving Meals
- Mom Sues Over Son Being Kicked Off School Bus Along Busy Highway
- Fantasy Football: Panthers Vs. Cowboys – Who To Play, Who To Pass
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures