Rangers Voice Eric Nadel Wins Frick Award
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – After 19 seasons as the lead voice for the Texas Rangers, radio voice Eric Nadel has been named the 2014 recipient of the Ford C. Frick Award.
The award, presented annually for excellence in broadcasting by the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, was announced on Wednesday morning at the Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
He is the first primary voice of the Rangers to receive the award.
Nadel will be honored as part of Hall of Fame Weekend 2014 in Cooperstown on July 26. The club will honor Nadel at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington during a series with the Angels, July 10-13
“On behalf of the entire Texas Rangers organization, we congratulate Eric Nadel for winning the 2014 Ford C. Frick Award,” commented Rangers Co-Chairmen Ray Davis and Bob Simpson. “Rangers fans have had the ultimate privilege and pleasure of listening to Eric’s description of Rangers baseball for 35 years. Eric is taking his rightful place with the top baseball broadcasters in the history of the game. It is a great accomplishment.”
Nadel completed his 19th season as the primary voice of the Rangers in 2013, which was also his 35th year broadcasting Rangers baseball. That is the longest tenure in club history and second in MLB only to Kansas City’s Denny Matthews (46 years).
The Brown University graduate was a finalist for the Frick Award in 2011, 2012, and 2013, before winning it this year.
He is a seven-time recipient of the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association Texas Sportscaster of the Year Award, and two-time winner of the Associated Press award for best play-by-play in Texas.
Nadel is a member of both the Texas Baseball Hall of Fame (1991) and the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame (2012).
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Savvy Shopping Mom Pays It Forward At Christmas
- Lewisville PD Identify Police Shooting Suspect
- Patients Feel The Pinch Of Higher Generic Drug Prices
- DFW Gas Prices Falling In Time For The Holidays
- Oil Boom Brings New Focus To Univ. Of Texas’ Land
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures