Water Main Break Adds Ice To Fort Worth Road
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - A water main break in south Fort Worth forced emergency crews to shut down a four-lane road early Wednesday morning, and could have a big impact on traffic surrounding a nearby elementary school.
The break was first reported at around 1:30 a.m. along East Rendon Crowley Road, near Oak Grove Road, close to the borders of both Burleson and Mansfield. According to a police call, water was spraying all over four lanes of traffic. This created a dangerous situation on Wednesday morning, as temperatures dipped down below the freezing mark.
It did not take long for the entire roadway to be covered in ice. Officials were able to shut off the water at about 3:00 a.m. and then fix the break. A sanding truck arrived to help make the area safer, but there are still many slick spots along East Rendon Crowley Road.
The break was located close to Ann Brock Elementary School, part of the Burleson Independent School District. Drivers who will be at the school to drop off children on Wednesday morning will need to be extra cautious.
Crews are not yet sure who the broken pipe belongs to, as it is located so close to three North Texas cities.
- Colts At Cowboys Week 16 Live Radio Play by Play
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures