ROWLETT (CBSDFW.COM) – Earlier this week police in Rowlett arrested three suspected members of the organized thief group called the Felony Lane Gang.
On Tuesday police received a call that a vehicle had been burglarize at a day center. Officers became suspicious because less than an hour earlier squad cars had been dispatched to a car burglary at a different daycare in the same area.
Witnesses had given a description of a suspect vehicle and officers soon spotted it in traffic and stopped it. Police began searching the area around both the day care locations and found the purses stolen from the two vehicles in a trash dumpster.
Police arrested 28-year-old Anthony turner, 27-year-old Demetris Cunningham and Michael Cunningham, 28. All of the men are Florida residents, where the Felony Lane Gang is based. All of the suspects have been charged with engaging in organized criminal activity.
Rowlett police say the men could face more charges as they continue investigating this incident and reviewing past burglaries.
The quick apprehension of the suspect’s was key in this case since Felony Lane Gang members are notorious for committing crimes in less than 10 seconds.
The gang is known to scope out daycare parking lots, waiting for a mother to park and take her children inside. Women of particular interest are those who go into the daycare without their purses. Once the victim is indie the thieves drive up to the car, break the window and snatch purses and other valuables. The stolen credit cars are used within minutes, before the victim can report them stolen. The gang operates in cities all over the southern U.S.
Rowlett police are urging residents to never leave valuables in their car. They say if it can’t be avoided drivers should hide their property or lock it in the trunk.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fire At Exploded Hood County Chemical Plant Being Allowed To Burn
- Jim Carrey Criticized For Portrait Believed To Be Huckabee Sanders
- Barbra Streisand Says No #MeToo Moment Marred Her Life
- Baylor Women Reach 10th Straight Sweet 16 With Win Over Michigan
- Lamah Scores Twice As FC Dallas Beats 10-Man Sounders 3-0
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures