FORT WORTH (AP) — TCU has hired Houston offensive coordinator Doug Meacham for the same job with the Horned Frogs.
Meacham was co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for one year with the Cougars after spending eight seasons as an assistant at Oklahoma State, his alma mater.
Jarrett Anderson and Rusty Burns were co-offensive coordinators for TCU this season and will remain on staff. Anderson also coached running backs, and Burns was in charge of quarterbacks.
TCU (5-7) had its second losing season in 13 years under coach Gary Patterson. The Horned Frogs were ninth in total offense and eighth in scoring offense in the 10-team Big 12.
Meacham has been a college assistant since 1991. He was a graduate assistant at Oklahoma State and Northeastern Oklahoma before that.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Early Voting Has Begun
- Obama Administration Confirms Double-Digit Premium Hikes
- Arlington City Leaders Show Support For New Stadium
- NBA 2016-17 Season Preview: Eastern Conference
- Police Search For Man Who Allegedly Stole 5 Guns
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures