Arlington Man Gets 75 Years For Girl’s Rape
FORT WORTH (AP) – A North Texas man has been sentenced to 75 years in prison for raping a 12-year-old girl in a field after she ran away from home.
Prosecutors in Fort Worth on Thursday announced the penalty for 36-year-old Miguel Angel Munoz of Arlington. Jurors convicted Munoz of aggravated sexual assault of a child in the March 2011 attack.
Authorities say the girl argued with a relative and ran away from her Grand Prairie residence, then changed her mind and called a friend to take her home. The girl was walking across the field to meet her friend when Munoz grabbed her. A homeless man heard the assault and summoned help as the attacker fled.
Investigators in 2012 linked Munoz to the assault using DNA evidence he submitted in a burglary conviction.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lake Lewisville Inches Towards Spillway Crest
- Colonial: Kevin Na, Ian Poulter Go Head To Head In Ft. Worth
- Texas Nixes Voter-Approved Denton Fracking Ban
- Texas Lawmakers Vote Reform For Grand Jury “Pick-A-Pal” Process
- Weather Alert Day Continues
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures