ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Authorities have located an 86-year-old Arlington man who went missing late Thursday evening. He was found by a citizen at a Home Depot in Plano on Friday afternoon.
“A citizen spotted him after he saw the [Silver Alert] and followed him into the Home Depot in The Colony and asked him if he was lost,” said Billy Kirby Jr., the missing man’s son. “He told him yes. He called the police and the police showed up quickly.”
Kirby Jr. was on the way to pick up his father when he spoke to KRLD and is very thankful that the citizen acted on the Silver Alert.
“I hope he hung around so I can shake his hand.”
According to Kirby Jr., the citizen was shocked to see the announced license plate number driving directly in front of him on State Hwy 121. The missing man was believed to be driving a 2002 Blue Chevy Silverado with TX License Plate, 7FYZS.
Mr. Kirby was last spotted around 11:15 p.m. by Dallas police near Illinois Avenue and Hampton Road. Kirby Sr. had not yet been reported missing and was provided directions back to Arlington on I-30.
A Silver Alert was issued on Friday morning, making it possible for messaging about Kirby Sr. to be added to TxDOT signage.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rangers Beat Rays; Clinch Home Field In Playoffs
- Widow Of Veteran Facing Foreclosure From HOA
- Trio Allegedly Robbed Store, Beat Clerk
- Texas Exits Refugee Resettlement Program Over Security Concerns
- Thousands Attend Texas Launch Of New Selena Cosmetics Line
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures