Etihad Airways To Launch Dallas Flights
DALLAS (AP) – Etihad Airways next year will offer three round-trip flights per week between the United Arab Emirates and DFW International Airport.
The Persian Gulf carrier on Thursday announced plans to use 237-passenger Boeing 777 jets to fly between DFW airport and Abu Dhabi.
Etihad, like Middle Eastern competitors Emirates and Qatar Airways, has been expanding U.S. service. Qatar announced last week that it will begin daily nonstop flights between DFW airport and Doha next July.
Etihad’s DFW airport flights will begin Dec. 3, 2014, and depart Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. The airline expects many passengers to come from the oil and gas industry.
Etihad already flies to New York, Washington and Chicago and plans to add Los Angeles in June.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Man Exposes Himself To High School Cheerleader
- Deputy Shot At Houston-Area Gas Station
- Extra Patrols After Man Exposes Himself Near High School
- Ex-South Texas Magistrate Gets Prison For Extortion
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures