story updated 10:29 p.m.
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Balch Springs man was arrested Friday afternoon after posting threats on his Facebook page regarding a potential “mass murder” at Seagoville High School.
Jeffrey Holmes, 21, of Balch Springs was arrested by Seagoville police and officers with the Dallas Independent School District for a Facebook post that said he was “homicidal and suicidal” and there “might just be a mass murder going to take place” that will be “worse than Virginia Tech.”
The post went on with a warning to put padlocks and chains and on all the exits of the high school.
The threat was posted Thursday morning. Despite his arrest there was reportedly a heavy police presence Friday at Seagoville High School.
The social media posts came on the same day as a school shooting in Colorado and one day before the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting anniversary, so authorities took the threat very seriously.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- President Trump Says He Has No Recordings Of Comey Conversation
- TK O’Ryan Won’t Be Defined By Broken Leg
- Gas Prices Across Texas Down A Nickel This Week
- Funeral Set For Family Killed In Collin County Crash
- Dallas Officer Indicted For Killing Woman In Stolen Car
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures