Seattle Acquires Cooper From FC Dallas For Moffat
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (AP) - The Seattle Sounders continue to overhaul their roster, trading midfielder Adam Moffat to FC Dallas on Friday for the rights to forward Kenny Cooper.
It was the fourth major move by Seattle this week after acquiring goalkeeper Stefan Frei from Toronto, forward Tristan Bowen from Chivas USA and defender Chad Marshall from Columbus. Seattle also received allocation money from Dallas.
Cooper, 29, has made 188 career appearances since joining MLS in 2006 and has 72 goals and 16 assists. Last season for Dallas, Cooper had six goals and started 19 of 31 games played.
Moffat, 27, had a brief stint in Seattle. He joined the Sounders via trade with Houston in September. He made six appearances and four regular season starts for Seattle and started all three playoff games.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Snowden, Assange Top Bill At SXSW Tech Gathering
- Keidel: NBA Needs To Raise Age Restriction
- Roll Over Wreck In Terrell Kills One Injures Another
- Attorneys For Navy Sniper Accused Killer Want Confession Video Thrown Out
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures