ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Arlington Police have arrested a man in connection with the death of Signe Edwards, 67. Shane Lee Dixon, 37 of Fort Worth, was arrested in Oklahoma, extradited to Texas and is facing a charge of murder and unlawful possession of a firearm. He is in the Tarrant County Jail with bail set at $525,000.
Signe Edwards was found on Sunday, June 9, by Arlington Officers conducting a welfare check at her Arlington home. Police found her body in a back room with massive trauma to her head and face. Early in the investigation, detectives learned that Dixon was regularly hired by Ms. Edwards to do work around her home. However, according to multiple witnesses, she was upset that Dixon refused to return a gun that she asked him get repaired for her and that he had not returned the money she gave him for the repair costs.
In June, police learned that Dixon was arrested by the Caddo County Sheriff’s Department in Oklahoma for unrelated traffic charges. Detectives went to Oklahoma to interview Dixon, who confirmed that he had worked as a handyman for Ms. Edwards. However, he said that he had not visited the house in weeks.
A search of the car, which Dixon was driving during his arrest in Caddo County revealed cell phones and blood evidence that were analyzed. The results of that analysis were recently completed and showed that the blood found in the vehicle was Ms. Edwards. In addition, a latent fingerprint taken from the door of Ms. Edwards’ bedroom was a positive match for Dixon. Based on that information and additional investigative details, Dixon was arrested and is facing a murder charge for the death of Ms. Edwards.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Transgender Boy In Texas Wins State Girls Wrestling Title
- Trump Announces He Won’t Be Attending White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- Warren Buffett Sticks To Business, Avoids Politics In Letter
- Jack White Launches Vinyl Record Plant In Detroit
- Lawyer: Muhammad Ali’s Son Detained At Airport, Asked If He’s Muslim
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures