Texas DPS Increasing Holiday Patrols
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas troopers have increased patrols to watch for drunken drivers during a three-week holiday reporting period.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the additional DWI patrols began Friday and run through Jan. 2. The period includes Christmas and New Year’s Day.
DPS says the increased patrols are funded through a grant from the Texas Department of Transportation.
Texas troopers during the similar holiday enforcement effort last year made more than 1,200 DWI arrests. DPS also had more than 17,600 speeding citations and more than 2,000 seat belt/child safety seat citations.
DPS patrols during last year’s holiday period also resulted in 258 fugitive arrests and 211 felony arrests.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Cleburne Officer Cleared In Fatal Shooting Of Pit Bull
- Harris County Grand Juries Lack Hispanics
- Dallas Teen Killed In Fatal Car Crash
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures