MESQUITE (AP) — Kyler Murray’s 24-yard touchdown run with 11 seconds remaining capped a fourth-quarter rally and Allen beat DeSoto 42-35 Saturday in a playoff showdown between the top two teams in the final Associated Press poll.
Allen (15-0), the defending Class 5A Division I champion, advanced to next weekend’s championship game after trailing by 15 points in the final quarter. The final AP rankings were released at the end of the regular season.
Trailing 35-20, led three scoring drives into a 16-mph wind. Two pass plays turned into touchdowns before the junior quarterback dropped back, ran up to his left and escaped for the game-winning score.
DeSoto (14-1) lost to Allen in the 5A Division I semifinals for the second consecutive year. Quarterback Desmon White’s fourth rushing touchdown gave DeSoto its 35-20 lead, but the team missed a 2-point conversion.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Officer Arrested In Fatal Shooting Of Off-Duty Deputy
- Alan Bean, Astronaut Who Walked On The Moon, Dies At 86
- Dallas Family Says Emergency Siren Was Placed Too Close To Home
- Grapevine Police Surprise Daughter Of Fallen Officer At Graduation
- Mesquite Teen Set To Graduate Honors Late Mom In Tweets
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures