DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Radio stations 98.7 KLUV and La Grande 107.5 fm raised $1,032, 880.74 during their ‘Christmas Is For Children’ Radiothon. The fundraiser, which broadcast live from the atrium at Children’s Medical Center Saturday, raised money for the non-profit hospital.
Radio personality Jody Dean and others emceed. The program broke its record on Friday, and carried that spirit through until the very last donation Saturday evening.
“The amazing thing really are the notes you get from people may have just recently lost a job or they may not have a lot of money but they donate $20 a month as a miracle maker or they’ll give you a hundred dollars,” said Dean.
Young patients and their parents shared heartwarming stories on-air about how the hospital has impacted their lives.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Teen Killed, Another Injured In Shooting At Dallas Apartments
- Apple Repair Center Accidentally Called 911 About 1,600 Times
- Teacher On Leave After Video Shows Him Recording Fight Between Students
- Evacuation Order Lifted In Area Around Dallas House Explosion
- Toyota, Hyundai Recall Roughly 110,000 Vehicles
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures