Texas Rolls Over Texas State 85-53
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN (AP) – Cam Ridley scored a career-high 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as Texas cruised to an 85-53 victory over Texas State on Saturday night.
The Longhorns (9-1) won their fifth straight game, marking their longest win streak in nearly two years and giving them their 25th straight victory over the Bobcats (3-7). Texas held Texas State to 29.7 percent shooting from the floor and 19.2 percent shooting from 3-point range — the worst marks by a Longhorns opponent this year.
Texas State tied the game at 20 on a dunk by Joel Wright, who had a team-high 19 points, with 5:59 left in the first half. But the Longhorns ended the half on a 13-2 run to take a 33-22 halftime lead and won the game running away.
Ridley scored the first five Texas points of the second half and helped his team outscore Texas State, 52-31, in the final 20 minutes. He was one of four Longhorns to score in double figures Saturday, joining Isaiah Taylor (15 points), Javan Felix (13) and Jonathan Holmes.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Stars Retire Modano’s No. 9 Jersey
- No. 18 SMU Falters In 2nd Half Vs No. 20 Memphis
- TCU Winless In Big 12, Loses 97-67 To No. 23 OU
- Memorial Service Held For Murdered Richardson ISD Teacher, Mother Of Two
- Untapped Festival Features 65 Breweries, Over 200 Drinks
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures