DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) – It’s no doubt that Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant is a fierce competitor on the field, but his emotions got the best of him before the end of the game Sunday night against the Packers – forcing him to abandon his teammates on the sidelines and leave the game with minutes to spare.
Following a 4th quarter interception ruling, giving Green Bay the ball and ultimately the victory, Bryant left the bench and headed back to the locker room – according to Bryant, to cry.
“I was very emotional. I cried when I got into the locker room.” Bryant said Monday during a visit to Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas.
“Obviously he was frustrated, as a lot of us were.” said Cowboys COO Stephen Jones. “It wasn’t a good decision on his part, I think he was the first to admit it. He let the heat of the moment and the emotion of the game get to him.”
Bryant is no stranger to sideline outbursts. He was criticized after the October 27th game against the Detroit Lions after video was released showing him being overly animated with quarterback Tony Romo, however he was forgiven when it turned out he was just trying to motivate the struggling offense.
“He loves his teammates, he loves this team, has a great passion for winning,” Cowboys coach Garrett told 105.3 The Fan. “You have to understand how to handle yourself in those situations. He’ll learn from this situation.”
Garrett said he would discuss the situation with Bryant, who had 11 catches for 153 yards.
“We’ll address that with Dez today,” Garrett said. “I understand why to a certain extent, they’re kneeling the ball, the game essentially is over. He’s an emotional guy…we’re all very emotional about what we do. But he needs to stay out on the field, and I’ll address that with him today, and just explain why it’s important to do that and he’ll understand.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 3-Year-Old Dies After Found In Hot Car In Fort Worth
- Police: Man Shot, Killed In Apparent Road Rage Incident In Arlington
- Water Rescue Crews Searching For Man At White Rock Lake
- Girls Back In Custody After Leaving Dallas Transition Center
- Jordan Spieth Holes Bunker Shot To Win Travelers Playoff
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures