Stoops: Game-Time Decision For Oklahoma QB At Sugar Bowl
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) – Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops says the position of starting quarterback will once again likely be a “game-time decision” when the 11th-ranked Sooners face Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
While the two-time defending national champion Crimson Tide are set as Oklahoma’s opponent on Jan. 2, the Sooners’ starting quarterback is as unsettled as ever – much like it’s been for much of this season.
Freshman Trevor Knight began the season at Oklahoma’s starter, but he gave way to junior Blake Bell for much of the season.
Bell replaced an injured Knight in the second half of the Sooners’ last game, a win over Oklahoma State, but Stoops says Knight is fully recovered and that the starter will be determined during practice leading up to the bowl game
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- VIDEO: Gym Screwdriver Stabbing Surveillance Footage
- Tiger Shoots 82 For Highest Score Of Career
- Coach Carroll Leaves Decision To Sherman If Baby Arrives Early
- Goodell: No Decision Yet On Discipline For Lynch Antics
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures